Ophthalmic Technician / Front Desk Position Now Available
Ophthalmic Technician / Front Desk Position Now Available:
Description: EYESPOT is a locally-owned and independent eye care practice in Chestnut Hill, MA that offers patients state-of-the-art eye care and high-quality eyewear. We are looking for a hard-working, self-motivated, eager individual to work as an ophthalmic technician and front desk associate. This position pay is based on experience and we are looking for a 40-hour commitment of work/week.
Front Desk Job Description:
- Answering phones & scheduling appointments
- Checking insurance eligibility & co-pays
- Contacting patients when glasses / contact lenses are ready for pick-up
- Filing/scanning/inputting data
- Assisting opticians with selecting frames/styling customers
- Working with money and completing sales transactions
- Desired Characteristics: Responsible, outgoing, detail-oriented, organized, confident, friendly and approachable
- Efficient computer skills required. Need proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and previous experience working with Electronic Health Records (EHR) software is preferred.
Desire to help beyond front desk duties: Previous employees have helped out with marketing projects. One employee painted a mural for the front window. Another employee created EYESPOT’s Boston Magazine advertisement.
- Gain experience working with patients and doctors in a high-tech healthcare office and learn about the retail optical industry and the future of eye care.
- Work with a small friendly staff who cares about you.
- Enjoy your work so much that you can't believe you are actually getting paid!
Required education: Bachelor's degree
Candidates with experience working in the retail space are especially encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this awesome position, please email our Managing Optician Melanie Cabral at email@example.com with your resume.